Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm Sorry, So Sorry!

So my "blog a day" plan didn't work. Now you all know I'm perfectly imperfect. ;)  I'm apologizing now for my lack of ambition and because of that I've decided that if I just manage to blog once a week then I'm doing fabulously wonderful!

So what's been going on for the last oh, two months? 

In September I met my Mom, Seester, and my 3 sisters-in-law (J, D & B)in Memphis,Tn/Tunica, Ms for my Seester's 21st Birthday!  We called it Brittney's Boozin' Birthday (if her name had started with some other letter it wouldn't have been as great!).  There was not tons of boozin but it was her 21st so there was some drinking and tons of F.U.N. 

October nothing fabulous or wonderful happened.  My Pappaw went to be with Jesus on the 6th so the girls and I spent most of the month in Arkansas which was great.  I really miss my family but I HEART Tennessee and don't really want to leave.  For the one week we were in Tn between trips to AR I managed to be sick with strep, an ear infection and laryngitis.  Yay, ME!

In more recent news, I made a cleaning schedule and I'm sticking to it! My laundry has been getting washed and put away immediately and I start the dishwasher when I go to bed and put them away in the morning while the girls eat breakfast.  I dusted for I believe the first time since we moved into our house (March 09) too!  It has actually been a nice change and my weekends are so much better because we don't spend them putting away piles of laundry and cleaning what didn't get done during the week.  And it has actually been liberating for me.  Before, I spent most days feeling overwhelmed because I knew there was stuff that needed to be done but I just did not know where to start.  And for those you don't know, when I get in that situation I completely shut down and its difficult for me to function.  So this is quite the change and I can honestly say I enjoy cleaning now!

I started sewing last weekend.  Before Saturday I had never sewn anything but a few crooked pillows and by the end of the weekend I had made 4 pillowcase dresses!  I made a Thanksgiving dress for each of my girls and since i was having so much fun and had extra fabric I made one for my 'so-cute-you-want-to-eat her-face neice Victoria! 

We will be spending Thanksgiving in Tennessee since I spent so much of October in Arkansas so I'll be adding Thanksgiving dinner to my list of chores for next week.  I love this time of year and I have a lot to be thankful for this year. 

Until next time, LOVES!



Brittney's Boozin' Birthday!-Hard Rock Cafe Memphis



Thanksgiving 2008--Our last Thanksgiving with Pappaw



KK & Kat playing in the leaves



Bee up close



KK's dress Mommy made! It IS sideways so either tilt your head or flip your computer ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails